Monday, November 8, 2010

No insurance...police will impound your car.

No insurance...police will impound your car.


Great idea! There are way too many people driving without insurance...................

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

TULSA - The law took effect just four days ago, and already some drivers have lost their cars.



Officials are making it very clear that they won't hesitate to tow a vehicle if it means making the roads safer for everyone else.



"If you're out here driving without insurance you better think again, we're towing vehicles," says Trooper George Brown.



OHP towed its first car in the Tulsa area on Thursday. Trooper Brown says he thinks they'll be towing many more.



"This is proof that people are driving around out there without insurance," Brown said.



Since Monday, Tulsa Police say they've towed six vehicles for not having insurance. Storey Wrecker says they've been pretty busy. The law is also creating a buzz among customers of A-Affordable Insurance.



"Some of them are making sure their verification is up to date and we've had lines of people coming in making their payments on their insurance, I think it's just making people aware to keep it up to date," says owner Less Lieurance.



It's also bringing in new clients. Lieurance says the company has filled out a lot more applications for car insurance this week as people realize how much extra trouble it will be if they are caught without it.



"You really can't afford not to have it. I mean what will it cost to have your car impounded? What would it really have to cost you to go to court because you didn't have insurance on your vehicle," he said.



While towing may be a harsh punishment, Lieurance says anything that helps motivate people to have insurance is a good idea.



If your car is towed you'll need to show proof of insurance before you can get it back. Drivers have 45 days to pick up their vehicle before it is sold at auction.

7 comments:

  1. Hello, I was very encouraged to locate this website. The reason currently being that this is these kinds of an useful post. I wished to thank you for this useful read of the topic.
    Cheap car Service
    Town car Services

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I've been looking through the weblog a pair of times and basically needed to say that the way with phrases is best notch. All the best.
    atlanta bus rental
    charter bus atlanta

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still understanding from you, but I'm making an attempt to achieve my ambitions. I undoubtedly enjoy studying every thing that is posted on your internet site.Keep the stories coming. I preferred it!.
    limousine service chantilly va
    limousine service warrenton va

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm still understanding from you, but I'm making an attempt to achieve my ambitions. I undoubtedly enjoy studying every thing that is posted on your internet site.Keep the stories coming. I preferred it!.
    Atlanta limousine Companies
    Atlanta limousine service

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, I've been looking through the weblog a pair of times and basically needed to say that the way with phrases is best notch. All the best.
    limo woodbridge
    wedding limousine woodbridge

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent website! I am loving it!! Will be again later on to read through some far more. I am having your feeds also Executive Limousine

    ReplyDelete